Sunday 20 July 2008

Being social

Well, I've been out the last two Saturdays, up to mischief and enjoying myself! Last weekend I met up with two friends from home, and we spent the day in London doing various things. First we wandered through St James Park, stopping momentarily to look at the animals made out of fake plants. It was some kind of save-the-animals charity, but the elephants were far more exciting!




From there we continued on to Buckingham Palace, getting there in time for the changing of the guards. It wasn't my first time to the palace, but it was my first time seeing that. Unfortunately I didn't see what happened inside the palace gates, but I did see them do their march up the road and inside. I need to grow a bit more in order to see things properly!



Next we headed over to Baker Street to go to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. That was a bust - there were huge queues that didn't really move, and we didn't have all day to hang around as we were going to the theatre to see Wicked. We ended up leaving, and going for a wander down Oxford Street instead.

We saw the show - amazing. If you don't know what it's about, it's the untold story of the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz. It was great, and I'm now looking for a copy of the book that it's based on!

After that we headed to an Indian restaurant in Covent Garden, before finally heading home.

No comments: