Saturday 1 November 2008

Sparklers ahoy!

I'm just back from the fireworks, defrosting and drying out. It was a fantastic display, and after much consideration we decided it was planned by a woman (big bang moments separated by smaller, prettier displays). I only have a photo of it on my phone, and I don't have any way to get the pic from my phone to my computer, so I can't post it.

There was a HUGE bonfire as well. It was set up to look like Westminster, with a few 'people' at the front of it, ready to be burnt. We were a fair distance away from it, and it was pouring rain, yet we could still feel the heat from it. Now I need to read up on Guy Fawkes, as I've forgotten half of the story and had to be filled in! I do love though that the English celebrate a near-disaster (although they say that they celebrate the fact that they caught them before it happened).

We came back to my place afterwards for hot chocolate and something to eat, and the necessary sparklers. Last year was my first Bonfire Night experience, so I was invited to Millsy's place to take part in their traditional feast. It wasn't quite as big tonight, but tradition had to be maintained! Millsy loves sparklers, so I queued at the supermarket for nearly 30 minutes to buy some. I'm pretty sure my neighbours now think I'm somewhat insane, but it was fun!



Mr Pumpkin-head also made a re-appearance, just to get into the Bonfire Night sparkler fun!

No comments: