Sunday 23 September 2007

Home

Finally, I have a home! I spent the first week that I was working at a hotel - not as fun as it sounds. If it was the Ritz or something, it might have been better, but lets just say this hotel was not even close to that. Apparently marking something urgent doesn't actually mean that you need it in a hurry...

Anywho, I eventually moved in to the house, and spent the next 10 days sitting on the floor, because I had no furniture. Despite Ikea telling me that they deliver to this area, they neglected to tell me at the time that I needed to actually go to the store and find the items and pay for them, before arranging delivery (as opposed to online and phone orders like they do in other parts of the country). So at lunchtime on the Saturday that I moved in, I had no furniture, including no bed. The bed problem got solved fairly quickly, but it took another week for me to be able to hire a car to go back to Ikea. And an extra two days to get the delivery, because they FORGOT it. B*stards. Nevertheless, I now have furniture, well at least some furniture, and it's starting to look like a home. I don't have photos of the inside yet, as I neglected to do it earlier and now it's a bit too dark to get decent snaps even with the lights on. I'll get to that later. In the meantime, this is the front!



It's a one bedroom terraced house, which to most of you is the same as a townhouse. It's in a beautiful area, tree-lined streets, quiet, everything that I want. It's in a Tolkien area - the streets around it have names like Gandalf's Ride amongst others.




I know that this photo show the house as empty, but it shows you something at least. Like my fireplace! By the way, this photo was taken the day I first viewed the property, but I forgot to do it when the estate agent was here. So, naturally, I took it by peeping through the letterbox!

No comments: