Saturday 8 December 2007

The (not as good as I expected) Christmas lights

I left the museum and headed into Oxford Street. After a little shopping and some dinner, I braced myself for the walk down the street to see the lights. Suffice to say I didn't make it the whole way - I didn't see the point. I don't know if in the end I've missed something exciting, but I sure didn't see anything too exciting in the first half. Every year they have a theme for the lights (it was Ice Age when my parents were there once), and this year it's Enchanted. Whoopee.



Because that was as exciting as, oh, I don't know, smashing my head into a brick wall repeatedly, I headed for Trafalgar Square. I'd heard all about the Christmas tree that was donated by the Norwegians, as it has been every year since 1947, so I was expecting something good. Well, it was big, and it had lights on it. It was pretty plain actually. I think the one in the city in Brisbane is much better, and it certainly doesn't come all the way from Norway. Still, I like the fact that it's the 60th one that they have had donated.

No comments: