Sunday 8 June 2008

Eurodisney

Following our huge trip the previous day, we were equally as excited by the thought of finally going to Eurodisney (AKA Disneyland Paris). Banana and I were up early, intending to go and grab some breakfast before meeting the others. What followed was slightly more unexpected, in that we had to travel some way in order to find anywhere that was open and selling food, and then we had to deal with our first case of French arrogance. However, we survived that, and headed out to Disneyland itself.

Given that we were a grand total of 7 minutes late (not bad given neither Banana nor myself speak French, and where we'd been), the others had already gone inside the park. Turns out we were virtually next to each other, as we'd planned the same kind of route for the day, but Banana and I did our own thing. We fast-tracked one ride, and then headed over to the Indiana Jones ride. We caught up with the others for lunch, and went in our own directions again.



Finally at about 4pm, Banana and I decided it was time to stake out a spot to watch the parade from. What followed was comedic in a Monty Python or Fawlty Towers kind of way. I was ringing my other friends, desperate to have them join us, as we were going to lose our spot right on the edge of the road to an army of stroller-wielding guerilla parents. Banana and I were kicked, punched, rolled over, shoved and rammed, all in the name of a good viewing spot. It was so worth it though - I was more excited than the kids trying to climb over us when the parade was finally on!





No comments: