Thursday 18 December 2008

It's "Australia" day!

In a strictly non-travel related post, I'm declaring today to be "Austraila" day! No, I'm not calendar-challenged; I know that it's not January 26. Instead, it's the day that I'm finally getting to go and see "Australia", which was filmed for two months in the town where I lived. It's the reason that I went to Leceister Square and souvenired the big signs.

Officially the movie doesn't come out here until Boxing Day, but there's a charity screening tonight and I've got a ticket. It's excitement plus here today! A couple of my year 7 kids are jealous, because they want to see it after me talking to them about it all, and they don't get to see it for another 8 days. I won't see them in class tomorrow because we finish early, but I'll surely be tracking them down to rub it in. That's the kind of mature, responsible teacher I am!

No comments: