Saturday 21 March 2009

And again

The next weekend it was a Sunday trip to London. I had free movie tickets to see "Marley & Me", so met up with a couple of friends for that. It was another chance for the train gods to defy me - my normal 40 minute journey to Liverpool St took nearly and hour and a half, and then there were other issues with the tubes. Honestly, for the money they charge you think you'd be able to get a decent service. Instead you get delayed or non-existant trains, trains that stop at the station but that won't let people on, trains that stop in between stations, and a constant run of tube lines suspended week after week. Oh, the joys of public transport!

But I digress. I made it to Picadilly Circus at the time when the movie was supposed to start, only to find that my friends weren't there. My first thought was that they had gone on without me, but then they came flying up the stairs a minute or two after I had. We rushed to find the actual cinema, only to discover it was the wrong one - we should have been at the other Cineworld, a whole block away! I mean, geez, who builds two cinemas of the same chain within a block of each other? Ridiculous. Luckily, despite our tickets saying no late entries, we were let in, and just missed the first few minutes of the film.

When we had gone in to the cinema, it was a nice enough day, a little overcast and on the cool side, but nothing to worry about. When we came out it was grey and windy, and quite cold. We went to lunch, and came out to pouring rain. Ahhh, bless this country! We bolted across to the National Portrait Gallery for a bit of a squiz at what they had to offer, and came out an hour or so later to bright blue skies again. Well played, weather gods! In the end, after the gallery, we went home, as one of my friends had to get back to Bristol and it was a long drive from the south east.

No comments: