Saturday 21 March 2009

My last night in Rome

Once I'd had lunch, I had to decide what to do for my last afternoon / evening in Rome. In the end I explored the area around the Vatican, becasue there were markets there and plenty of shops. I spent a few hours doing this, and then headed over to the Spanish Steps for a look at night. It was just on dark when I got there, so I saw the Christmas tree lit up and all the rest of it.


I then figured that I should brace myself and take a walk down Via Condotti - something I'd put off the other day. The one shop I told myself I was completely barred from was Louis Vuitton. I couldn't trust myself to not buy anything, so I figured it was best to just stay away! I still had to take a photo though - particularly as there was a queue around the block to get in! I did take a look in Burberry, but it just reminded me of the chavs back home, so I didn't stay long. Other shops along that street include Valentino, Armani, Hermes, Gucci, Prada and Chanel. There's also a Fendi store, which had a fun light display.




I kept wandering through this area, and found my way into one last church - San Carlo al Corso, on the Via del Corso. It had beautiful celings and cuppolas, and of course the artwork. Apparently construction of this church began in 1610.



That was the end of my tour. After the church I headed back to Termini for my shuttle. I had room service back at the hotel, and an early night, because I had a really, REALLY early flight the next morning. I didn't mind that my trip was just a few days, because after throwing my coin into the Trevi Fountain, I know I'll be back.

No comments: