Saturday 21 March 2009

The rest of the half term

There was no more travel for the rest of that half term, because I was consumed by the process of getting fully qualified over here. But there was something more exciting than travel - SNOW DAYS!

When I first came over here, my mission was to live in a place where it snowed. Once that happened, last Easter, my next mission was to have a barbecue in the snow. I did that too, when it snowed before Christmas. After that was to have a snow day, and then to build a snowman. I did both - in fact, I got two days off work! Granted, it's not the kind of snow that blankets other places, because all told it was less than a foot of it. But it did shut the country down, and I did get two days off work, so I feel blessed! My next mission is to build an igloo. Many have said that it's impossible here in old Blighty, but they built them in Trafalgar Square that day, so there's hope for me yet!



And yes, I know my snowman is small and pathetic, but I didn't really know the best technique for building one then, and I was also outside in my pyjamas!






No comments: