Thursday 25 October 2007

Lakes District

I spent the weekend up at the Lakes District, up in the north west of the country. It was stunning, particularly seeing as it's Autumn and the leaves are all changing. It was amazing to drive diagonally across the country on less than a tank of fuel! There was a lot of things that I didn't have time to do, so I know that I'll go back (although perhaps I'll wait until after Winter). I also want to go back to places that I passed on the way, like Stratford and Warwick.

I didn't do any of the walks up there, as being on my own I was worried about what would happen should I fall and hurt myself. I wasn't worried about being found along the trail, as there were so many people up there, but more about how I'd get home again, given that I had a hire car. It's something else to go back and do!

No comments: