Sunday 24 August 2008

Windsor Castle

A few days after I got home, I went to Windsor Castle with a couple of my other friends from home. We met up at Stratford, then headed over there (more complicated than it sounds - train operators really need to get their crap together). We got off the train at Eton, and walked up to the castle. Having pre-purchased our tickets - which Mil found out about before we went, thankfully - we managed to skip the queue and go straight in.

We had the audio tour - another place where we wandered around listening to what looked like oversized mobile phones. It was very useful though, as there was so much history there.


I didn't know a lot about the history of Windsor Castle, so it was quite interesting. We saw Queen Victoria's dolls' house, where the fire had happened in 1992, the Waterloo room, and how odd the guards look as they turn around whilst marching (knees out and bent like a frog). It was more interesting than I had anticipated! Sadly, despite it being a weekend, Lizzie wasn't home, so I couldn't call in for high tea and thank her for the photo and letter that she sent my grandparents on their recent diamond wedding anniversary. What a shame!

No comments: